Weapon props include but are not limited to firearms, knives, swords, bows, and staff weapons. These items are handled on set by the Armorer or Weapons Master. The following photo shows the rubber stunt weapons.
The Armorer is present whenever a scene with a weapon is to be shot. Armorers ensure that the weapons under their control do not cause harm to the cast, crew or production property. They also ensure the weapons can achieve the director's goals in terms of appearance and function, and continuity requirements are meet for the production. The colonial side arm was changed in Season 2 as the original "clamshell blaster" was too cumbersome and time consuming to reload between takes.
The Battlestar Galactica Prop Master preferred to use real world weapons that are quite obscure and have a bit of a futuristic flair. Such as the Beretta Storm rifle, this photo is one of the "live fire" props.
The following image shows the concept drawings for the MiniSeries Colonial Clamshell blaster.
A concept sketch was created for a Cylon weapon in the MiniSeries but the idea was quickly abandoned when the Centurions were designed with weapons integrated in their arms.
When the "classic" style Cylon was reintroduced in Razor the need for a Cylon weapon was once again needed for Young Adama to use against his metallic foe. This is a rare "never-before-seen" photo of the custom made "live fire" Cylon weapon.
The following is a running list of each firearm that have been identified and the corresponding episode it can be seen in. (note: some firearms may not be listed)
- Colonial Clamshell, Custom Smith & Wesson K-Frame/L-Frame revolver (Mini Series, Season 1)
- Fabrique Nationale Five-seveN FN 5.7 w/ Launcher (Season 2-4)
- FN 5.7 w/o Launcher (Exodus Part 1)
- Heckler & Koch P9 (Colonial Day)
- Intratec Cat-9 (Colonial Day)
- Vektor CP1 (Bastille Day, Black Market, Sacrifice)
- Heckler & Koch Mark 23 (Resistance)
- Israeli Desert Eagle (Downloaded)
- Makarov PM (Sacrifice)
- Stechkin APS (Sacrifice)
- Stallion/COP 357 Derringer (Home, Part II)
- CZ-52 service pistol (Precipice, Exodus, Part II)
- Resistance Pistol (Downloaded)
Rifles and Carbines
- Seburo MN-23 (Mini Series)
- Poseidon Industries Raisen AR-15 (Mini Series)
- SA-80 bullpup assault rifle (Act of Contribution, Resistance, The Farm)
- Beretta Cx4 Storm carbine (Bastille Day, Fragged)
- Remington Model 700 (Resistance)
- Remington Model 7400 (Resistance)
- Heckler & Koch G36K (Lay Down Your Burdens Part I, Part II)
- NORINCO Type 84S rifle (Season 3)
- AK-47 (Exodus Part 2)
- Fabrique Nationale P90 submachine gun (Season 1)
- Heckler & Koch UMP (Resistance, Exodus Part 2)
- Skorpion machine pistol (Resistance, Exodus Part 2)
- Ruger MP9 (Resistance)
- Beretta Model 12 (Resistance)
- Heckler & Koch MP7A1 Personal Defence Weapon (A Measure of Salvation, Rapture, The Eye of Jupiter)
- UZI (Downloaded)
- Mossberg 500 pump-action shotgun (Bastille Day)
- Protecta/Striker shotgun (Lay Down Your Burdens Part I, Part II, Home)
- Ithaca Model 37 pump-action shotgun (Scattered)